Less Expensive S.A.M.E Weather Radio

Michael Nie mnie at cinci.rr.com
Tue Apr 4 23:56:30 EDT 2000

This is not an endorsement of any product manufacturer or retailer, but I
thought some of you may be interested in this information.

I walked into my local Sam's store today and found they had programmable
weather radios.  I believe they are made by Midland.  They were under $50.
These are the least expensive I have seen the newer programmable weather
radios.

We believe, along with many emergency managers, that NOAA Weather Radio
(NWR) provides the best personal warning possible of impending severe
weather.  Until recently, choices were rather limited.  Lately, more
models
and brands have been making it to widespread marketing.

The bottom line - Severe weather season is here.  If you don't have a NWR
receiver, you are strongly urged to get one.

Michael Nie
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network

----
NOTE

If you experience technical problems with this mailing list or
the W.A.R.N. web site, please send e-mail to brad at n8qq.com
along with a description of the problem.

You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by
sending a message to announce-request at warn.org and typing
the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

You may also retrieve a help file for this mailing list at any
time by sending a message to announce-request at warn.org
and typing the word "help" in the Subject field.