Material from 3/31/2000 training session now online

Michael Nie mnie at cinci.rr.com
Mon Apr 3 05:28:44 EDT 2000

Most of you realize we take our tasks of reporting severe weather and
furthering severe weather spotting and safety very seriously.  But, on the
other hand, it is a hobby!  There is no reason we can't have a little fun
in
the process.

Some material used in our spotter training session on 3/31/2000 has been
placed on our web site (http://www.warn.org) for your enjoyment.  Two
spoofs
in various file formats have been placed in our video clips section to
prove
that we don't take ourselves TOO seriously.  You can go directly to the
video page at http://www.warn.org/video.

The first is a takeoff on the famous scene from the movie Twister where
the
cows fly by.  (Be sure to read the history of our mascot, the pink plastic
lawn flamingo at http://www.warn.org/flamingo before you view this one.)

In, the second, WARN Vice President Rob Reider - WA8GFF puts a witty twist
on the James Taylor song "Up on the Roof".  There are a few ham radio
terms
mixed in.  If you don't know what they mean, ask!  (Or better yet, get
your
ham license!)  This is audio only, but the video version should be on
soon.

Enjoy!
--------------------

Mike Nie
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network

----
NOTE

If you experience technical problems with this mailing list or
the W.A.R.N. web site, please send e-mail to brad at n8qq.com
along with a description of the problem.

You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by
sending a message to announce-request at warn.org and typing
the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

You may also retrieve a help file for this mailing list at any
time by sending a message to announce-request at warn.org
and typing the word "help" in the Subject field.