[warn-news] ASG / Severe Weather

Steve Lewis n8tfd at fuse.net
Sun Jul 12 15:02:33 EDT 2015

The Storms Prediction Center outlook for Monday is bleak.

Emergency management / public safety are concerned because there are a
lot of visitors who may be unwilling or unable to monitor the threat.
And there may be a lot of people "drifting around" outdoors when/if
something happens.

We can do nothing about that.

What we can do, when/if asked, is do a great job of providing
situational awareness to whoever seeks it.  And if a severe weather
outbreak occurs (the current word is "likely") then we can be ready to
feed the NWS data from every corner of the area.

Here's what I'd like you to do today:
- get those HTs out of the bag/box/pile and turn 'em on.  Make sure the
battery in there still works.  Repeat the process if you have more
batteries.
- sneak them into work if this is at all practical
- please register for text messaging alerts, especially if you were a
Cincinnati Bell Wireless customer who has switched to Verizon or others.
- consider following WARN on Facebook or Twitter as it's sometimes
quicker to fire off updates that way

Updates to follow as required.

-73- de N8TFD/Steve