[warn-news] New Email List for Weather Net Notification

Brad McConahay brad at n8qq.com
Wed May 17 18:31:31 EDT 2006

Greetings to the WARN mailing list.

Would you like to be notified on your phone, pager, or other text-capable
device when a weather net is being activated for the Cincinnati Skywarn
area?  We have set up a new mailing list for just this purpose.

Here are a few notes about it:

1. Your device must be able to receive text messages via an Internet email
address.

2. If you are not in the WARN coverage area, meaning Greater Cincinnati and
its surrounding counties, you will probably not want to subscribe to this
list. The alerts on this list will apply to Cincinnati-area Skywarn only.

3. We anticipate that there may be some situations where notifications may
not get through, such as if a particular provider blocks a group of messages
coming from the same source to prevent spamming.  If a lot of subscribers to
this list use the same provider (very likely) then this may be a problem.
But, we will see how it goes.

To join the list, go to:

   http://warn.org/alertlist

Just let me know if you have any problems subscribing.

Thanks!

Brad N8QQ

--
Brad McConahay, N8QQ