[warn-l] Can you help WARN?

Mike Nie mnie at cinci.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 11:00:36 EDT 2004

This is a little different type of message than you are accustomed to
seeing
from WARN.  We are hoping that maybe a subscriber or subscribers to this
list may be able to help us out.  We promise not to make this a habit!

Our host, WLW radio, is moving shortly.  The good news is that they are
taking us with them and we have space in their new facility.  More good
news
is that we will have a new radio console and operator positions.  Even
more
good news is that most of the equipment we need has been procured,
including
donated computers, antennae, coax, etc.

Here's where the need for some help comes in.  We are in need of a couple
of
radios to properly configure our console.  What we need is a Yaesu FT-7400
single band UHF radio and an Icom 706 radio.  If you have either of these
two radios that you would be willing to donate or sell to WARN at a good
price, we'd like to hear from you.  Alternately, if you have some other
equipment you would like to donate that we could turn into cash at the
Dayton Hamvention and use that cash to buy what we need, that would help.

If you are able to help out in any way, please contact WARN President Dick
Leffler at wb8mcx at warn.org.

Thank you!!

Mike Nie - KB8VMX
Public Information Officer