Severe Weather on 11/9/2000

Mike Nie mnie at cinci.rr.com
Fri Nov 10 22:26:12 EST 2000

Thanks to all who relayed severe weather reports during the severe weather
event on 11/9/2000.  This event underscores the need to remain prepared
year
round.  HAM radio operators - remember to keep your batteries charged at
all
times.  Remember our net procedures.  Remember our primary and backup
radio
frequencies.  All spotters should remain aware of proper reporting
criteria
and procedures.  Severe weather can occur and has occurred in every month
of
the year in this area.  Fortunately, no widespread damage occurred.

One final note on safety.  When a warning is issued for your area - take
cover immediately.  Do not wait until you see evidence of damage
occurring.
It may be too late then.  When the Tornado Warnings were issued, we
announced over the net frequency that spotters in those areas should take
cover.  We hope that announcement really wasn't necessary.  Safety ALWAYS
comes first.

Mike Nie - KB8VMX
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network

----
NOTE

If you experience technical problems with this mailing list or
the W.A.R.N. web site, please send e-mail to brad at n8qq.com
along with a description of the problem.

You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by
sending a message to announce-request at warn.org and typing
the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

You may also retrieve a help file for this mailing list at any
time by sending a message to announce-request at warn.org
and typing the word "help" in the Subject field.