WARN Net Interference

Mike Nie mnie at cinci.rr.com
Fri Nov 10 16:59:35 EST 2000

Many of you may know that the WARN net has been getting serious QRM during
all of our recent nets.  The main culprit transmits a carrier, making it
difficult to run the net.  From home, for me, it always is about S3.  The
people receiving this message live and work across the Cincinnati area, so
should give us a good sampling.  I'm pretty confident none of you are
QRMers
too.  So, what I'm asking is that as you listen to the weather nets, if
you
hear our little bugger, please listen to the input and try to get a
relative
signal strength reading.  This will help us figure out where to start
looking with DF equipment (and sledge hammers!).  This request goes until
further notice, since it may be a while before another activation.

On a related note, we had a new QRMer adding to the fray yesterday.  This
guy had to be on the doorstep of net control.  He was hitting us full
scale
on the input in Mt. Adams.  This one was talking, obscenities and all.  We
know where to start looking for this one.

Anyway, if you hear any of this, please give us any information you can to
help narrow the search.

Thanks,

Mike Nie