Statewide Tornado Drills!?!?!?!?!?

Michael Nie mnie at fuse.net
Mon Mar 8 17:50:36 EST 1999

Well, wouldn't you know it.  Here we are with a forecast of 4-8 inches of
snow tonight.  Be that as it may, the scheduled statewide tornado drills
are still scheduled for this week.  These drills are intended to increase
public awareness of tornado and severe weather safety.  Since we cover
parts of all Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky, we will be participating with
all
three states.

Here is the schedule:

Kentucky - Tuesday March 9, 1999 - 10:07am
Ohio - Wednesday March 10, 1999 - 9:50am
Indiana - Wednesday March 10, 1999 1:45pm and 7:15pm

Yes, that's right, Indiana will do it twice.  We will activate the
Cincinnati section net for all but the 1:45 Indiana drill.  We will not
bring the net up for the 1:45 Indiana drill.  We do ask that, if possible,
amateur radio operators check in for this drill on the appropriate day and
time.  Of course, we won't complain if you check in for more than one.
Our
normal training net will be held after the 7:15pm Indiana drill at 7:30pm,
as scheduled.

Mike Nie
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network

----
NOTE

If you experience technical problems with this mailing list or
the W.A.R.N. web site, please send e-mail to brad at n8qq.com
along with a description of the problem.

You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by
sending a message to announce-request at warn.org and typing
the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

You may also retrieve a help file for this mailing list at any
time by sending a message to announce-request at warn.org
and typing the word "help" in the Subject field.