Cincinnati Area Amateur Radio Course

Michael Nie mnie at fuse.net
Fri Jan 15 23:45:41 EST 1999

On of the things we like to do is keep our readership informed of ham
radio
licensing opportunities.  Since ham radio is the primary tool we use for
reporting severe weather, we strongly encourage local spotters to get
their
license.

Here is information I received about an upcoming course:
AMATEUR RADIO CLUB OFFERS "HAM" RADIO CLASSES

The OH-KY-IN Amateur Radio Society will offer ham radio classes in the
Cincinnati, Ohio area, scheduled to begin on Thursday evening, February
25th, at
7 pm.

Classes are now being formed for all levels of amateur radio licenses,
novice
through extra, including the no-code license.  Classes will be held every
Thursday evening for ten weeks at the Salem Presbyterian Church located at
the
corner of Mozart and Higbee in Western Hills (behind the White Castle
Restaurant
at Harrison and Boudinot).

At the conclusion of the ten week course, participants will be given an
FCC
license examination on Saturday, May 8th, at the same location.

All Morse code classes are FREE !!!  All classes are open to persons of
any age,
and no prior experience is necessary.  To register, or for additional
information, contact Carol Hugentober K8DHK at 513-661-5323 or Bruce
Vanselow
N8FWA at 513-251-1555.  Email inquiries to n8fwa at juno.com.

                                                            73,
Bruce  N8FWA
                                                                    n8fwa

Mike Nie - KB8VMX
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network
mnie at fuse.net

----
NOTE

If you experience technical problems with this mailing list or
the W.A.R.N. web site, please send e-mail to brad at n8qq.com
along with a description of the problem.

You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by
sending a message to announce-request at warn.org and typing
the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

You may also retrieve a help file for this mailing list at any
time by sending a message to announce-request at warn.org
and typing the word "help" in the Subject field.