[warn-news] severe weather prospects for today

Steve Lewis n8tfd at fuse.net
Fri Jul 20 09:30:03 EDT 2018

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

SkyWARN organization:

It is almost certain that there will be activity today.  146.88- in
Cincinnati, 147.375+ in N. KY.  Other frequencies as warranted.  We have
obtained a DMR radio (CS800) and I'm working on pushing a codeplug as
soon as this memo gets out.  We would be monitoring OH statewide (3139)
unless the situation dictates otherwise.

ARES organization:

I will probably hear from you before you hear from me, but please reach
out with situational awareness information, as appropriate.

QCEN team:

It is reasonable to expect "quick hit" deployments today (and more
likely over the weekend) if there are tornado strikes today.

All:

If it's "charge the drained batteries" or "go box by the front door" or
whatever is appropriate, please complete your physical (and mental)
preparation for what could be a "bad day".

-73- de N8TFD/Steve
(513) 985-9844 "home"
(513) 552-5388 "work"
(859) 393-6563 cell