[warn-news] OH and KY tornado drills

Steve Lewis n8tfd at fuse.net
Mon Mar 2 20:13:21 EST 2015

We have not done much to promote the upcoming OH and KY tornado drills.
Turns out, that wasn't such a bad idea.

The KY version has been postponed a week, to Tuesday March 10 at 1007.
The OH version has been postponed a day, to Thursday March 5 at 0950.

Cinci SkyWARN will be in session for both.  We will be soliciting
checkins (callsign/county only -- unless, in either case, NWS is looking
for snow totals -- it has happened before!)

The idea of the nets is to give NWS a "representative sample" of who is
available during an actual incident.

Thanks in advance for your participation.  The weather forecast is iffy
for Thursday morning (but moreso south) so stay tuned for possible
updates on the Ohio version.

-73- de N8TFD/Steve