[warn-news] Spotter Training 2015

Mike Nie mnie at warn.org
Tue Jan 20 00:50:43 EST 2015

*NEWS FLASH*

Reduced manpower at the Wilmington, OH office of the National Weather
Service is causing a significant reduction in the number of spotter classes
this year. No county will have more than one class and counties are being
encouraged to combine classes and they are doing it. Some counties will have
no class this year. There will be no WARN sponsored training class this
year. We are encouraging everyone to attend other scheduled classes.

Hamilton County's class will be on Tuesday February 3, 2015 at 7:00 PM in
Green Township at Nathanael Greene Lodge, which is large enough to hold
about 200 people. We'll use this as the "WARN" training this year. For
information on the venue, please visit http://www.greentwp.org/spotter.cfm.

The entire spotter class schedule should be finalized very soon, before the
end of January. That will probably be all of the classes that will be
taught, so if you normally wait until later in the season to see if a more
convenient class is scheduled, DON'T. To view the full training class
schedule for the Wilmington, OH office of the National weather service and
the 52 counties that they serve please go to
http://www.weather.gov/iln/spottertrainingschedule.

Mike Nie

Mike Nie - W8VMX

Public Information Officer