[warn-news] A couple more thoughts on the March 2 storms

Steve Lewis n8tfd at one.net
Sun Mar 4 14:00:34 EST 2012

First, from the MIC (Meteorologist in Charge) at Wilmington NWS:

Please past along to all your people that worked yesterday's event, that
their help was greatly appreciated and that loss of live could have been
much higher without their help.

Ken Haydu

Meteorologist In Charge

----------

Also, NWS has posted initial findings on from storm surveys.  Please
note that damage was *also* done by 100 mph wind gusts which were
distinct from the tornado activity.  This is why we ask for non-tornado
events even while tornado warnings are active, and why damage reports
are important.  http://www.erh.noaa.gov/iln/events/20120302/

Lastly, I have received a lot of e-mail from members of this list that
goes like this:  "I was there, standing by, but I saw absolutely
nothing, and thus had nothing to contribute."  Having seen what happened
in parts of the area yesterday, I consider myself lucky that I also saw
nothing on Friday afternoon, and no reports to offer.

We trust that you're out there, and will be, next time.

-73- de N8TFD/Steve