[warn-news] Annual WARN Spotter Training Announced

Mike Nie mnie at warn.org
Fri Feb 3 17:17:47 EST 2012

The annual severe weather spotter training sponsored by the Weather Amateur
Radio Network has been scheduled for Friday, March 30 at 7:00pm.  After many
years at the old location, we are excited about a change of venue.  This
year the training will be in the Golder Conference Rooms at Bethesda North
Hospital at 10500 Montgomery Road.  Up-to-the-minute information on the
class can be located at http://www.warn.org/training.  As always, amateur
radio operators are encouraged to attend this spotter training session, but
it is open to the public, so you do NOT have to be an amateur radio operator
to attend.  The same training content is included as all spotter classes
taught by the National Weather Service office in Wilmington.

With the change in venue, we'll have to keep an eye on how many people will
attend.  So, we're doing online registrations for the class to track how
many people will be there.  Please register each person that will attend.
We're only asking for 3 pieces of information - Name, phone number, and
email address.  The sooner you register, the better.

We'll be updating the training page referenced above with more information
on the new venue in the coming weeks.

We think everyone will like our class location.  We'll send updates as
necessary.

Again, the URL for the training page is http://www.warn.org/training.

Mike Nie

Mike Nie - W8VMX