[warn-news] Indiana Drills Tomorrow 3/16

Mike Nie mnie at warn.org
Tue Mar 15 19:56:42 EDT 2011

As part of Indiana's severe weather awareness week which is this week, two
state-wide tornado drills will be conducted tomorrow (Wednesday, 3/16/2011).
The times are approximate at 10:15 AM and 7:35 PM.  Since part of our area
of responsibility lies within Indiana, WARN will activate our amateur radio
net in support of the drills on 146.88- MHz.  Other amateur radio nets are
encouraged to do the same in and near the state of Indiana.  We will also
monitor 147.375+ for anyone who cannot reach the primary net.  Please report
checkins through normal procedures.

In addition to amateur radio nets, all persons, businesses, schools,
broadcasters and other organizations in Indiana are encouraged to use the
state-wide drills as occasions to review and practice severe weather
emergency procedures.

Mike Nie

Mike Nie - W8VMX

Public Information Officer