[warn-news] Spotter course

Mike Nie mnie at warn.org
Tue Feb 23 23:58:49 EST 2010

Hard to believe spotter training is upon us already for 2010 (thus this late
notice).  With snow still on the ground, we now turn our attention to severe
weather season.  Sorry we missed announcing a class in Boone County tonight.
There are two more opportunities in our area this week.

Tomorrow (Wednesday 2/24/2010) at 7:00PM there is a class in Hamilton County
in Springfield Township at the Grove Banquet Hall, Springfield Twp. (Located
behind Fire Dept. and Twp. Civic Center), 9158 Winton Rd., Cincinnati.  For
more information call 513-521-7578.

Thursday night (2/25/2010) at 7:00PM there is a class in Butler County at
the Butler County Govt Services Center, 315 High St., Hamilton (large
conference room on 1st floor).  For more information, call 513-785-5810.

The classes will be frequent now as we approach severe weather season.  We
recommend all amateur radio operators attend spotter training annually if
possible.  For more class opportunities, see
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/iln/training.php.  Classes are still being added.
Mark your calendar for the class you can attend.  They will be over before
you know it.

Mike Nie - W8VMX

Public Information Officer

Weather Amateur Radio Network (WARN)