[warn-news] Re: News story on WARN

Brad McConahay brad at mcconahay.com
Sun Apr 11 15:02:33 EDT 2010

Here¹s video of Mike W8VMX and Michelle¹s interview on WKRC on the 4/9
5:30pm news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oceL3qLTNVQ

Nice job Mike!  You always do us proud.

Brad N8QQ

From: Mike Nie <mnie at warn.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 21:24:37 -0400
To: <warn-news at lists.warn.org>
Subject: [warn-news] News story on WARN

It looks like WKRC will air a story on the Weather Amateur Radio Network
during the 5:30 show on Friday 4/9.  A couple of weeks ago I did an
interview with Michelle Boutillette at our net control point at WLW radio.
That is what will air tomorrow.  We covered way too much to be included in a
regular news story, and I know she wanted to include other information, so
I¹ll have to see how it turns out after editing just like everyone else.
Unfortunately I¹ll be at a track meet so will not be able to watch.

In any case, stories about WARN and the spotter program as a whole help
raise awareness and interest.  Tune in if you can.

Mike Nie

Mike Nie - W8VMX
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network (WARN)