[warn-news] W8NWS on the air for the 2007 statewide tornado drills

Steve Lewis n8tfd at one.net
Fri Mar 2 01:23:51 EST 2007

Here is the schedule for statewide tornado drills for this year:

Indiana
Severe Weather Awareness Week is 3/4-10.
Drills are 3/7, ~1030am and again at ~7pm.
WARN will be active on 146.88-, and the Ripley County 146.805- repeater
if available. Please check in to "the network" only once per drill so
we're not skewing headcounts.

Ohio
Severe Weather Awareness Week is 3/25-3/31
The drill is Wednesday, 3/28, at 9:50am.
WARN will be active on 146.88-, other counties may activate local nets
as well.  Please check in only once to "the network" during the drill so
as not to skew the headcount.

Kentucky
Severe Weather Awareness Month is 3/1-3/31
The drill is Tuesday, 3/6, at ~10am.
WARN will be active on 146.88-.

Please check in to the nets that correspond to these drills, even if you
are outside of the state which is "hosting" the drill at the time.  The
NWS accepts "numbers" from anywhere during any drill.

We will be looking for callsign and county (that's it) when taking
checkins. We'll go for about 15 minutes unless, at the end of 15
minutes, the repeaters are still "busy".

-73- de N8TFD/Steve