[warn-news] Repeaters for Weather Nets

Mike Nie mnie at warn.org
Fri Mar 31 00:31:11 EST 2006

It has come to our attention that the 146.88- primary repeater for weather
nets in Cincinnati is experiencing some "technical difficulties".  It seems
that the transmit power is way down, vastly reducing the range of the
system.  Therefore, we will not be able to use it for any weather nets that
occur until it is repaired.  We haven't heard yet how long this may be.
This is a reminder that in the event we have a net and the primary repeater
is unusable for any reason, we will use our secondary repeater on 147.09+.
Remember to transmit a PL of 123 on this repeater.  In the unlikely event
that there are problems with this repeater too, our third repeater is on
145.19-.

This is especially important now since the Storms Prediction Center has
placed us in a slight risk of severe weather tomorrow (Friday).

As always, we would like to thank all of the clubs who provide the repeaters
that we use for our nets - The Cincinnati FM Club, The Cincinnati Repeater
Association, and The Fairfield Amateur Radio Association.

We'll let you know when there is a change in the status of our net
repeaters.

Finally, remember that tomorrow night (Friday, March 31, 2006) we will hold
our annual WARN spotter training session in conjunction with the National
Weather Service.  It begins at 7:00 PM. at the Red Cross building on Kenwood
Road, in Blue Ash.  More information is available at
http://www.warn.org/training.  Talk-in for any hams needing it will be on
147.09- (PL 123).

73,

Mike Nie - W8VMX