[warn-news] Severe Storm Spotter Training 2006

Mike Nie mnie at mikenie.com
Sun Jan 29 23:42:09 EST 2006

Here we go!

Severe weather spotter training is upon us for the 2006 season.  Classes
start this week for the Wilmington, OH area of responsibility.  That's a 52
county area around Wilmington, including the Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton,
and West Union metro areas.  You only need to attend one class to be
certified.  The classes generally last about 2 hours.  Even if you've had
the training before, we encourage you to consider attending again, as a
refresher.

The week's class is on Thursday, February 2, in Butler County.  See the NWS
web site for more information (http://www.weather.gov/iln/training.htm)
Check that site often, since classes are frequently added at this time of
year.

We have also scheduled the annual training class sponsored by WARN.  This
class has added content for amateur radio operators, but everyone is
welcome.  You can see more information on this course on the WARN web site
at http://www.warn.org.

We work closely with the National Weather Service to further spotter
training and public awareness.  We'll do our best to keep you updated about
all of the Cincinnati are severe weather spotter training opportunities.

Mike Nie - W8VMX
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network (WARN)
mnie at warn.org