[warn-news] Severe Weather/Few Spotter Courses Remaining

Mike Nie mnie at warn.org
Tue Apr 4 23:32:13 EDT 2006

It's no secret that we've had some severe weather recently.  In fact, during
last Friday's severe weather, over 100 people were attending a severe
weather spotters' training course in Blue Ash.  Again on Sunday we saw some
significant severe weather in the Cincinnati area.  In these cases, as
always, volunteer severe weather spotters played an important role in
tracking the severe weather and issuing warnings.

Predictably, the onset of severe weather in earnest has increased interest
in severe weather and spotter training.  This happens every year when we see
our first real outbreak of severe weather.  If you are interested in
attending this training, here's an urgent message to encourage you to get to
a course FAST!  We're approaching the end of training season.  The majority
of courses have already been conducted.  There are only a few training
opportunities remaining in the WARN (Cincinnati) area.  They are:

Monday, 4/17/2006 7:00 P.M.  Grant County, KY
Tuesday, 4/18/2006 7:00 P.M.  Hamilton County, Green Township, OH
Monday, 4/24/2006 7:00 P.M.  Pendleton. County, KY

For full information on these courses and all others by the Wilmington, OH
NWS office, visit http://www.weather.gov/iln/training.htm.

Don't miss your chance to attend spotter training.  In addition to teaching
you what to look for and how to report it to the National Weather Service,
when you know what to look for, it can improve your personal safety by
improving your situational awareness.  Knowledge is power!

Mike Nie - W8VMX
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network
mnie at warn.org