[warn-l] More on the weekly Wednesday nets

Steve Lewis N8TFD n8tfd at one.net
Mon Mar 3 00:15:05 EST 2003

To follow up on Mike's announcement about the weekly nets starting up
again...

Because there is a finite amount of training available out there, there
are
times when we are a bit short on content.  (This is probably no surprise
to you
regulars.)

One of the things that the net is for...and we're restating it now...is
information of general interest to the regional ham radio community.
There are
not a lot of local nets with the whole region as the "audience", but this
is
one.  We have numerous active clubs, and ARES/RACES organizations in the
WARN
service area.

So if you have a meeting, training, license class, exam session, drill,
hamfest,
or you-name-it, feel free to use the weekly WARN net as a place to get the

information out.

WARN firmly believes in supporting the ham community (when we're not busy
supporting the NWS and the general public!!!)

We look forward to your announcements on Wednesday night...and every
Wednesday
night through 9/24.

-73- de N8TFD/Steve