[warn-l] TV Meteorologist to Speak at WARN Training

Mike Nie mnie at cinci.rr.com
Wed Apr 3 17:49:29 EST 2002

Earlier in the week, I reminded you about the annual WARN sponsored severe
weather spotter training session scheduled for this Friday, April 5, 2002
at
7:00pm.

Details of the session are just now being finalized.  For those of you who
have attended this session in previous years, you know we usually try to
include some entertainment in addition to the NWS spotter training (which
is
entertaining, too!).

This year WKRC-TV Meteorologist Mike Buresh will speak, giving us his
perspective on the tornado that struck the area on April 9, 1999.  He will
also discuss how they do the things they do to give the public the latest
information when severe weather threatens.  Anyone who has heard me speak
in
the past, knows that I firmly believe that warning the public is a team
effort.  TV Meteorologist play an important role in that system.

Mr. Buresh has been a long time supporter of the spotting system and
amateur
radio.  He has spoken at amateur radio club meetings in the past and is
always entertaining and informative.

For more information on the training session, please see
http://www.warn.org/training.  We hope to see you there.