[warn-l] A Couple News Items

Brad McConahay brad at n8qq.com
Sat Sep 8 20:35:24 EDT 2001

--
summer.  Thanks to resources provided by Rick Powell WB6JBM, we're back
in business ... thanks Rick!

--
LIVE APRS PAGE

Since we're nearing the off-season for WARN, we always try to add
something
interactive to the website to keep things interesting.  In honor of the
upcoming Digital Communications Conference (DCC) taking place in
Cincinnati,
we've set up a page where you can view a map of live APRS stations in our
area, transmitting their positions in real-time.

This should be especially interesting to watch during the DCC from 9/21
to 9/23 when many of the people who helped developed various aspects of
APRS will be in town to speak at the conference.

If you've ever wanted to check out APRS, but never had the means or the
time to set up a station, this is a good way to get a glimpse.

   http://www.warn.org/aprs

And as always, we have the search engine of all known local clubs' web
sites, and the southwest Ohio repeater database for your reference.
Please be sure to let us know of any newer local ham club sites or
repeaters that we may have missed.

Take care,

Brad n8qq

--