[warn-l] New Year - New Training Season

Mike Nie mnie at cinci.rr.com
Mon Dec 31 13:23:57 EST 2001

Happy Holidays from WARN Central.

This message is sent the WARN mailing list (which now numbers about 250),
and a few others.

As we start a brand new year, it is time to start thinking about spotter
training.  The Wilmington, OH NWS office always welcomes new spotters.
They
also prefer that existing spotters attend a training session every year or
two.

With that in mind, I have noticed that the Wilmington NWS has started
posting training information to their web site.  You can get to their site
at http://www.nws.noaa.gov/er/iln.  Follow the links to Spotter Info, then
to the 2002 training schedule.  It's in a very early stage, so much more
will come (if I know them.)  Within the next couple of days, we will have
direct link from the WARN web site ( http://www.warn.org ) to the training
information.  We hope to have a WARN representative at all of the training
sessions in our area of coverage.  We hope to see you there!

As I write this, it's about 21 degrees outside.  It doesn't seem like the
time to talk about severe weather yet.  But, keep in mind that severe
weather season is only a few months away.  I think the NWS likes to have
most of their training done before we get into the season.

Stay Warm! (Or if you're like me, enjoy the cold and snow!)

Mike Nie - KB8VMX
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network (WARN)