End of Season/Training Net Schedule

Michael Nie mnie at fuse.net
Wed Oct 6 13:01:29 EDT 1999

Greetings from WARN Central.

Some of you may have forgotten that you subscribed to this remailer.  With
the exception of April 9th., this has been an exceptionally uneventful
year for the Weather Amateur Radio Network.  We're not complaining!!
Soon, some of us who coordinate WARN activities will venture to the NWS
office in Wilmington.  Along with our counterparts from the Columbus,
Dayton, and West Union sections, we will critique this season and maybe
talk a little about next season.  We'll pass on any comments the NWS has
for our spotters.

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HELPED IN ANY WAY THIS YEAR!

Remember, for the amateur radio operators on the list in the Cincinnati
area, beginning in October, our on-the-air training net changes to a
monthly schedule.  Training nets will only be conducted on the FIRST
Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM eastern time.  We will resume our weekly
schedule in March.

REMINDER:  Off season or not, if the NWS requests a "live" net for severe
weather, we will activate the WARN net on 146.88 MHz.

Mike Nie - KB8VMX
Public Information Officer
Weather Amateur Radio Network