Get Your Ticket!!!

Michael Nie mnie at fuse.net
Mon Oct 26 20:09:12 EST 1998

We know many people on this remailer in the Cincinnati area are severe
weather spotters, but do not have their amateur radio licenses.  We would
love to hear you on the weather nets because we can always use another
pair
of eyes.

If you are interested in "getting your ticket", the Greater Cincinnati
Amateur Radio Association has a deal for you.

The next GCARA amateur radio license course will begin November 14 with
registration at 9am.  Class sessions begin at 9:30am for 10 weekly
classes.
VE exams will be at the Bond Hill Recreation Center, 1501 Elizabeth Pl. at
Laidlaw Avenue.

The course was developed by Herb Caldwell, KB4BCG who has designed a
number
of courses at technical institutes.  About 10 instructors will teach the
several topics.

Registration for the course is $25 which includes the study book.

The course will lead to Novice, Tech, and Tech Plus licenses. There will
be
no classes on December 26.

For more information or to register, contact Jim Weaver, K8JE, 825-2868.

A general class course is planned for the spring, at this same location.

----------------------------------

After you get your license, you can participate in weather nets and all
other kinds of fun things.  Hope to hear a bunch of new hams on the air
soon.

This information will be posted to the WARN web site http://www.warn.org,
as
will other classes in the area.  If you haven't done so, please check out
our site.

Mike Nie - KB8VMX
Weather Amateur Radio Network (W8NWS)
Public Information Officer
mailto:mnie at fuse.net

----
NOTE

If you experience technical problems with this mailing list or
the W.A.R.N. web site, please send e-mail to brad at n8qq.com
along with a description of the problem.

You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by
sending a message to announce-request at warn.org and typing
the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

You may also retrieve a help file for this mailing list at any
time by sending a message to announce-request at warn.org
and typing the word "help" in the Subject field.