FW: WARN net on 5/13/1998

Michael Nie mnie at fuse.net
Thu May 14 22:34:52 EDT 1998

Well, we have another severe weather net under our belts.  Wednesday
(5/13)
brought severe storms to WARN's area of responsibility.  The most
prominent
hazard in these storms was hail.  The NWS was using reports forwarded from

our field spotters through our net control to correlate with what they
were
seeing on radar.  With the radar interpretation and the ground truth
visual
observations provided by the spotters, they were able to issue timely and
accurate warnings to the public.  As always, thanks to all who
participated.  Thankfully, this one happened during the day, which was a
welcome change from previous late night nets.

The net controls for this event were Steve Lewis - N8TFD, Mike Perry -
WB8DNZ, and Dave Stuart - KB0SLY.  Comments from Steve follow.

Mike - KB8VMX