WARN training and info

Michael E. Nie mnie at fuse.net
Sun Jan 25 21:27:42 EST 1998

More Training Info

As recently announced, the annual WARN sponsored severe weather spotter's
class will be held on Friday, March 27, 1998.  It will be at the Red Cross

facility in Blue Ash, at 10780 Kenwood Road, beginning at 7:30pm.  There
is
more information, including a map, available at our web page at
http://www.warn.org.

We especially encourage amateur radio equipped spotters to attend this
session since it will include radio procedure information.  For anyone
unable to attend this session, there will be numerous other spotter
training sessions.  For more information on other training opportunities,
follow the link from our annual training session to "More Training
Opportunities".

Control Point Changes

Our current custom radio console was designed many years ago and is no
longer ideal for our operation.  We are currently evaluating our options
for redesigning or replacing it.  One option discussed is a factory
desktop
radio console similar to those used in dispatch centers.  If anyone knows
of one of these laying around in the cheap or free pile, please contact
us.

Thanks,

Mike Nie
mailto:mnie at fuse.net

----
NOTE

If you experience technical problems with this mailing list or
the W.A.R.N. web site, please send e-mail to brad at n8qq.com
along with a description of the problem.

You may unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time by
sending a message to announce-request at warn.org and typing
the word "unsubscribe" in the Subject field.

You may also retrieve a help file for this mailing list at any
time by sending a message to announce-request at warn.org
and typing the word "help" in the Subject field.